Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Windows Phone

Platform »

A now-discontinued smartphone OS made by Microsoft, which had built-in integration with Xbox Live and other services.

Windows Phone 7 Can NOT Upgrade To Windows Phone 8

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup nerds,

As an avid WP7 user, who was smart enough to buy one on the first day, despite the strong Android and Apple presence in the market, I am fairly upset that I will not be able to upgrade my phone to Windows Phone 8. Microsoft confirmed that only new hardware made just for WP8 will be able to support the new OS.

This isn't fair. Most Android Users can root their phones and upgrade to whatever stupid dessert they have now, and the sheep who own Apple devices, for the most part, can upgrade to the newest OS with most the features.

WTF

http://www.pcworld.com/article/257991/windows_phone_7_users_cant_upgrade_to_wp8.html

ElStevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ElStevo

I think I'd prefer to have hardware that can support the new features rather than a janked up Windows Phone 8.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By samfo

@KaosAngel said:

and the sheep who own Apple devices, for the most part, can upgrade to the newest OS with most the features.

Yeah so apparently I'm a sheep... what a sucker I am eh?

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Elazul

You know that Microsoft are still bringing out an update for existing devices that adds the new home screen and other new features that existing phones can actually support without running like complete shit, right? Believe me, this is a way better idea than putting people into a 'iOS 4 on a 3G' position and making their phones markedly less usable.

@SamFo said:

@KaosAngel said:

and the sheep who own Apple devices, for the most part, can upgrade to the newest OS with most the features.

Yeah so apparently I'm a sheep... what a sucker I am eh?

No, you're only a sheep if you try to insult people because of what fucking phone they have.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

@KaosAngel said:

Sup nerds,

As an avid WP7 user, who was smart enough to buy one on the first day, despite the strong Android and Apple presence in the market, I am fairly upset that I will not be able to upgrade my phone to Windows Phone 8. Microsoft confirmed that only new hardware made just for WP8 will be able to support the new OS.

This isn't fair. Most Android Users can root their phones and upgrade to whatever stupid dessert they have now, and the sheep who own Apple devices, for the most part, can upgrade to the newest OS with most the features.

WTF

http://www.pcworld.com/article/257991/windows_phone_7_users_cant_upgrade_to_wp8.html

it seems to me that apple users as you said for the MOST part...often they cannot upgrade specially depending on the age of their hardware and other factors, the same for android you cant just say hey upgrade you have to root it.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FourWude

@WilliamRLBaker:

Long time no see post Willy. Keep on fighting the good fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.