Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Supergiant Games

Company »

Supergiant Games is an independent studio devoted to downloadable products. Its first game was Bastion, released during Summer of Arcade 2011.

My Bastion Christmas Miracle.

SwedishPhish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SwedishPhish

I got Bastion from the steam sale yesterday, specifically getting the soundtrack edition after listening to "Build that Wall." After hearing it for the first time, I knew I had to get the double package. Unfortunately, with me being abroad and only my Macbook available, I wasn't unable to download the soundtrack because you only get the files after downloading the whole game. I sent Supergiant Games an email just to see what I could maybe do. Now, I've seen the countless pictures of people sending valve or other developers emails asking for them to get stuff "post-traumatic situation" or something of the like and the developers more than happy to oblige, but I guess I was a bit skeptical. Even when I was a kid, stuff like instant company feedback wasn't all that common. So, I sent my email and was just hoping for something the next day. Maybe a "sorry, but we cannot accommodate," sort of reply.

I kid you not, no more than 2 minutes later I got an email from Greg at Supergiant Games saying considering my circumstances they would give me a code to download the OST from their website. I was honestly shocked. A reply that fast and even willing to give me something that I could have just easily waited for was just amazing.

So now I'm listening to the whole Bastion soundtrack while I'm writing this. I haven't even played it yet, but honestly this soundtrack is so good itself I am more than content. Supergiant Games could not have been more coperative and I have the upmost respect for them. I'm already looking forward to their next release.

Here's to you Greg, Darren and everyone else at Supergiant Games. Keep on keepin' on.

SwedishPhish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SwedishPhish

I got Bastion from the steam sale yesterday, specifically getting the soundtrack edition after listening to "Build that Wall." After hearing it for the first time, I knew I had to get the double package. Unfortunately, with me being abroad and only my Macbook available, I wasn't unable to download the soundtrack because you only get the files after downloading the whole game. I sent Supergiant Games an email just to see what I could maybe do. Now, I've seen the countless pictures of people sending valve or other developers emails asking for them to get stuff "post-traumatic situation" or something of the like and the developers more than happy to oblige, but I guess I was a bit skeptical. Even when I was a kid, stuff like instant company feedback wasn't all that common. So, I sent my email and was just hoping for something the next day. Maybe a "sorry, but we cannot accommodate," sort of reply.

I kid you not, no more than 2 minutes later I got an email from Greg at Supergiant Games saying considering my circumstances they would give me a code to download the OST from their website. I was honestly shocked. A reply that fast and even willing to give me something that I could have just easily waited for was just amazing.

So now I'm listening to the whole Bastion soundtrack while I'm writing this. I haven't even played it yet, but honestly this soundtrack is so good itself I am more than content. Supergiant Games could not have been more coperative and I have the upmost respect for them. I'm already looking forward to their next release.

Here's to you Greg, Darren and everyone else at Supergiant Games. Keep on keepin' on.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

That's awesome. Bastion is a really great game so it makes supporting such an awesome team even better.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

Duders at Supergiant are crazy awesome at customer service. It's like they actually care about how people perceive them and their products. Novel idea, right Ubisoft?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Pazy

Supergiant are awesome!

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By galiant

@SwedishPhish said:

I bought Bastion today, and I second this motion!

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By knetic2341

Nice to see stuff like this. I love how Giant Bomb community <3's Supergiant.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strife777

You now cannot say anything bad about Bastion or Supergiant Games, nothing. You will be a bad man otherwise.

On a different note, Bastion is awesome.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By procrasturbate

Awesome. Tell everyone.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

@Strife777 said:

You now cannot say anything bad about Bastion or Supergiant Games, nothing. You will be a bad man otherwise.

Not even that. There's just nothing bad to say about them.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gizmo

Greg is a top dude, one of the best video-game journalists and now a top game making dude.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JCTango

Greg is an awesome guy. Glad to hear he came through for ya.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.