Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NieR:Automata

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 23, 2017

NieR: Automata is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.

Just finished the game - Wow. I really want to hear people talk about this game in detail. (Spoilers)

RagingFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey folks. Just got ending E and listening to the final ending song for about the 45th time. I never expected this game to immediately kick Persona 5 out of my GOTY slot but it was a hell of a ride.

I'm eager to deep dive into some podcasts or other media about the finer aspects of this game's storytelling, as there's some stuff I wouldn't mind some clarification on. I've listened to the Waypoint podcast with Alex, and quite enjoyed it. Quick searches of YouTube haven't yielded anything interesting.

Basically I just want to listen talk about this game and what it meant to them, can anyone recommend me anything?

tuffalobuffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tuffalobuffalo

The Waypoint spoilercast is great. I actually just ran across the We are Finally Podcast spoilercast which is pretty decent if you're desperate for NieR Automata discussion. It's not the best "podcast", but they do deep dive into the game more than any other podcast I've heard. Also, a fantastic podcast that discusses the game from a non games industry perspective is the most recent Anime News Network Podcast. If you have an aversion to anime, that podcast really doesn't bring anime up at all, but it does look at the game from a pop culture perspective versus a game culture perspective.

I'm kind of in wait mode for a lot of podcasts to get to the point where the main hosts have finished the game. The good news is, most of them have started it, so it's only a matter of time. Mentions of the game keep popping up in various gaming podcasts each week, and this is my internal reaction every time:

No Caption Provided

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By DinosaurCanada

The podcasts mentioned above are good, but on top of that there's almost too much writing and video content on the game out there if you want to look it up. For ones I would recommend, Superbunnyhop's video is pretty compelling, and If you're in the mood to read something, this analysis by Planck Storytime is in-depth (read: long) and very good. This one on RPGSite is also recommended.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

During that waypoint podcast, Alex explained to Austin about the Engels robot situation, but I don't think he was 100% right, he told Austin that Engel shut himself down because he was bored, but in my playthrough I remember Engel shut himself down because he became familiar with the concept of sin from 9S and felt guilty about his violent past and so to atone for his sins, allowed 9S to distribute his parts among the citizens instead of repairing him.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

TV Tropes has loads of stuff I sure missed: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Videogame/NierAutomata

Basically go read all the stuff that is spoiler tagged, especially entire paragraphs.

Anyone know any good youtube videos with story summaries of Nier and maybe Drakengard? Any videos about the story across the games really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.