Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Konami

Company »

Konami is a well-known Japanese video game company, famous for series such as Castlevania, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Solid.

Konami Goes HD Collection Crazy, Announces MGS, Zone of the Enders, Silent Hill Collections

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#201  Edited By Meowayne

To counter all the predictable excitement over MGS, I for one am considerably more happy* about the prospect of an updated rerelease of Silent Hill 2 and 3, and hope that this will broaden these games' audience. This thread makes it seem like thats necessary. :P Obviously this release will coincide with the second movie's release so that they push each other.

*as happy as you can be while playing Silent Hill...

Still I wouldn't say that crisp HD graphics and achievement pop ups are particularly good things to add to these games. Here is hoping they put some effort into remastering the soundscape onto a DTS/DD track that does Yamaoka's work justice. But considering the small audience and budget this HD release has likely got, I doubt it. 

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#202  Edited By fillmoejoe

Will the Metal Gear games get a behind the back camera? I would totally get it if it does.

It's a shame they didn't include Metal Gear Solid 1, maybe port The Twin Snakes.

CrimzinD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By CrimzinD
    Yeaaa. I'm expecting disappointment.  
    Here's what I want, in a MGS HD collection: 
    1) MGS1, with the MGS4 level graphics. Not Twin Snakes. I don't like the ridiculous over-the-top cutscenes. The audio is fine. I don't want the voice actors to come in for a third time, and/or replacements. I just want them to update MGS4's graphics. THAT'S IT. No gameplay changes, or, at least, allow the original style, and whatever updated version they want to also include. They basically rebuilt Shadow Moses for MGS4, it would be so awesome to see the rest of it, Young Snake/Otacon/Meryl/Liquid, and the rest of Fox Hound in MGS4 graphics. 

2) MGS2: Substance.  Just updated textures, really, so it looks good in HD. 

3) MGS3: Subsistence. Same thing, updated textures, so it looks good in HD. I'd love LOVE Konami forever, if they included the multiplayer, and let people host their own games, and not be dependent on their generosity for server hosting, but that'll never happen. I still want it to include MG1+MG2.

That's it. I do Love the Peace Walker is going to be included, but those 3 things above are the most imporatnt to me. And it seems like it's not what we're getting. No MGS1, at all. And any time they've done collections of MGS2 or 3 in the past, they're always the normal versions. Which is so stupid. And of course, if they wanted to bring MGS2+4 up to MGS4 level visual quality, I wouldn't complain :P 

An ZoE1+2 HD Collection would be kind of hard to fuck up. They didn't have any special editions that I can remember. It would be FANTASTIC if they made the Multiplayer online. That would be the shit. 

And if they did what would be the most awesome for each game/collection, I swear, I'd pay ~80$ for the ZoE Collection(wMultiplayer), and... ~140$ for the MGS1(wMGS4 Graphics)/MGS2Sub/MGS3Subsis(wMultiplayer)/Peacewalker. 

Please let me give you all my money, Konami. Please.
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#204  Edited By landon
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    @benjo_t said:
    Maybe the lack of a HD Metal Gear Original is the sign of something bigger and better to come!
    They haven't been done simply because they were PSOne games and can't simply be upresed into HD.  They already did a remake on the Gamecube that brought it up to par with the others, but it wasn't handled by Kojima and was a complete disaster, which I guess is why it hasn't been included here.. I really don't see them going back and re-doing it again either.  You can already get the original on PSN and I'd be surprised if we don't see it released on XBLA at some point too, but I wouldn't expect any more than that.
    I want you to know, you're literally the only person alive who thinks that.
    Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#205  Edited By Creigz

Sadly no Metal Gear Solid 1, but I can live with that. I am pretty stoked to see that I can play those games on my 360 soon. I missed having Sons of Liberty, and I bought a freakin PS2 JUST so I could play Snake Eater...sold it a week later -_-

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Kind of sucks that the first MGS isn't included but there must be some legal issue involved with the gamecube version or they just don't want to include other people's work. I wonder if MGS2 will take advantage of the right analogue stick kinda like what MGS3 did.

Allison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#207  Edited By Allison

Jehuty in 1080p~

jasondesante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#208  Edited By jasondesante

the only game that would have benefitted from an "hd" remake was the original Metal Gear Solid.

Hey Konami, you just shot yourselves in the foot. *clap*

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#209  Edited By Gabriel

I doubt MGS would be fun with MGS4 graphics, hell just look at the boss fight with Gray Fox in twin snakes, it was almost broken because you could shoot in first person.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#210  Edited By RVonE

@Allison said:

Jehuty in 1080p~

AMEN!!!

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#211  Edited By SonicFire

Well, excited for up-rezzed Silent Hill. SH2 is still the best survival horror game ever made IMO

quadracer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#212  Edited By quadracer131

Don't hate on me too hard here. I played MGS2 years ago, and don't remember much, and that was the only one I played. I really want to play through all of them together to give it another shot so I'm all for this. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#214  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Landon said:

@WinterSnowblind said:
    @benjo_t said:
    Maybe the lack of a HD Metal Gear Original is the sign of something bigger and better to come!
    They haven't been done simply because they were PSOne games and can't simply be upresed into HD. They already did a remake on the Gamecube that brought it up to par with the others, but it wasn't handled by Kojima and was a complete disaster, which I guess is why it hasn't been included here.. I really don't see them going back and re-doing it again either. You can already get the original on PSN and I'd be surprised if we don't see it released on XBLA at some point too, but I wouldn't expect any more than that.

Yeah, I know a lot of people disagree.. but the games reception was mixed at best, I'm certainly not alone with those thoughts. And unfortunately for you, Kojima's sides with me, so no Twin Snakes :)

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#215  Edited By Kyle

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Landon said:

@WinterSnowblind said:
    @benjo_t said:
    They haven't been done simply because they were PSOne games and can't simply be upresed into HD. They already did a remake on the Gamecube that brought it up to par with the others, but it wasn't handled by Kojima and was a complete disaster, which I guess is why it hasn't been included here.. I really don't see them going back and re-doing it again either. You can already get the original on PSN and I'd be surprised if we don't see it released on XBLA at some point too, but I wouldn't expect any more than that.

Yeah, I know a lot of people disagree.. but the games reception was mixed at best, I'm certainly not alone with those thoughts. And unfortunately for you, Kojima's sides with me, so no Twin Snakes :)

Hold on...

A) "Mixed at best" is a lot better than "complete disaster".

B) It has an 85 on metacritic, so someone seemed to think it was pretty good.

Twin Snakes is the inferior version, but let's not go crazy.

lufctom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By lufctom

Great news. Al though when i saw this i was really hoping for MSG1 to be included. :( I hope they can sort something out because that was by far my fav MSG game and i'd love to play it in HD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.