Which season of Star Trek Discovery aired on broadcast tv?

ajmal_korai19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ajmal_korai19

I remember when Star Trek Discovery.first aired on broadcast tv and they only showed a few episodes before it went to streaming only. Then it let us watch the whole first season on CBS broadcast tv. I am currently subscribed to Paramount Plus and the 4th season has just started. I honestly can't remember whether I even saw season 2. Does anybody know which season was on broadcast tv and when it switched to streaming? The last thing I remember, Captain Philippa Georgiou came back into the scene as a character from another timeline?

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depended on what country you're in. In America I wanna say it was always exclusive to streaming, but in other regions it could be anything from exclusive to a streaming service, exclusive to TV, or even available to both.

TV broadcast rights are real weird.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they eventually aired the full first season on TV once in a marathon quite a while ago, but that's it, at least in the US.

thuhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first season

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The first season aired on CBS All Access™ and then they aired it on CBS™ the network because COVID shut down all the TV production! I don't think any other seasons went to TV. The first season was pretty good mostly because Jason Isaacs was a really good captain! And the second season is even better because Anson Mount was a GREAT Captain Pike, super great season. And they had a lot of pew pew laser fights against a bad guy and then there was a big space battle at the end, which is why everyone watches Star Trek, for the laser fights and the ships blowing up. And then Season 3 had a big old space cat and a sexy guy for Michael Burnham to do sexy stuff with but it had a real dumb ending. Didn't watch Season 4 yet. CBS is America's Most-Watched Network™.