monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By monkeyking1969

Video Games:

• Player One Podcast : If you are not listening to this -then you're missing out. POP is THE BEST (sorry Jeff, Brad, Drew, Rorie) video game podcast ever made...or will ever be made.

• Giant Bombcast : We know it is good...what is there to say
  • 8-4 Play : We know it is good...what is there to say
  • Bombin' the AM : We know it is good...what is there to say

• Garrnett on Games : Now at full steam Garrnett Lee is amazing.
  • Besties : Justin McElroy is a cross between a Muppet and Ed Bighead from Rocko's Modern Life...that is high praise.
  • Game Scoop! : The nice folks at IGN do put on a nice show.
  • Podcast Beyond : Again who doesn't like internet personality, journalist Greg Miller?
  • GameSpot Gameplay : They do it different and for taht I like them...it's like NPR for games.
  • One Life Left (UK) : A sweet blend of light-hearted discussion, game-related music, interviews and ridiculous features, One Life Left is unique in gaming and in radio. Guests and contributors include gaming industry legends past and present, many of whom produce regular features for the show under assumed names.
Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Solh0und

The Giantbombcast and The Super Best Friendscast because it's letter time.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I sometimes enjoy Guy Cocker's podcast. Everything else vaguely video game related has already been mentioned in this thread.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@bwheeeler said:

U TALKIN ' U2 TO ME?

Can't wait for this to come back in the fall. Hopefully, by then, Bono will have given them some fuckin' t-shirts.

The stuff I listen to:

• Bombcast - A video game Podcast from Giantbomb.com. Barely about video games. Mostly about the bathrooms of development studios, how terrible most parts of Australia are, and wrestling.
  • My Brother, My Brother and Me - Justin, Travis and Griffin. The Brothers McElroy answer questions from listeners and from the horrific, Eldritch monstrosity that is Yahoo Answers.
  • Comedy Bang Bang - Scott "Hot Saucerman" Aukerman hosts while hilarious comedians (many of UCB origin) play characters ranging from vampire hunting cowboy Poet Laureate of the West to Buddy "Cake Boss!" Valastro.
  • Oh No Ross and Carrie - Two skeptics join various religious groups ranging from Mormonism to a quasi-Satanic group.
  • Sawbones - The aforementioned Justin McElroy and his fantastic wife Sydnee, a real live Medical Doctor, discuss the ridiculous history of various medical practices.
  • Hardcore History - No joke, this is by far the best history podcast. Dan Carlin talking for three or more hours at a time about some of the most incredible moments and people in history. Very infrequent new episodes, but they're all substantially longer than most podcasts.
  • U Talkin' U2 To Me? - Scott and Scott (Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman) go in depth about the history of the "Boys from Liverpool", U2. They ask the important, U2-related questions, like "Who are the members of the band?", "When did Paul F. Tompkins first hear U2?" and "How was that Billy Joel concert you saw last night? Any good?"
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Giant Bombcast

-The Vergecast

-The Talk Show with John Gruber

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By TheBluthCompany

CHICO: You gotta laugh. You gotta laugh. That's what we say in the horse fighting business.

BEVER: We gotta! That's how you start the fight. You know when in a normal boxing it be like, 'LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMMMMBLE'? We just— you know, there ain't many people there so you don't even need a microphone— so we just say, "Folks, you gotta laugh. Now for your enjoyment, two horses that are gonna punch each other 'til one dies."

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Idle Thumbs

Tested

HP Lovecraft Literally Podcast

RedBarrelcast

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Only one I listen to regularly now is the bombcast. Sometimes Ill listen to WTF if the guest is interesting, but they rarely are.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Bombcast
  • Laser Time
  • Cape Crisis
  • Vidjagame Apocalypse
  • The Comedy Button
  • LOST rewatch
  • My Brother, My Brother and Me (I started listening after the E3 live shows)
fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By fram

Anything GB, Idle Thumbs, the Film Junk podcast (love those guys), 99% Invisible, a bunch of PodcastOne wrestling casts (Stone Cold, Jericho, JR), On The Media and TLDR, Triple J's Hack podcast.

More recently, 99% Invisible, Song Exploder, The X-Files Files.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Giant Bombcast - You know it.

Bombin' the AM - More focused show, and episodes with guests are always good.

Steve Austin Show - SWIG OF BEER FOR THE WORKIN' MAN. Steve is a natural talker. Fun to listen even when he's just rambling about his ordinary days, and all the wrestling interviews have been super insightful.

The Ross Report - Fairly new, but good ol' JR has some cool insight into how the industry is run and should be run.

Talk is Jericho - Can be overly dramatic and his antics can be hit or miss, but the interviews are always good.

My Brother, My Brother and Me - Really funny stuff from the infamous McElroy brothers who answer all sorts of questions from Yahoo Answers and other goldmines of queries.

Hardcore History - You will actually learn things here without getting bored.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Feanor

@noitwont said:

Bombcast

The Joe Rogan Experience

WTF

The Church of Whats Happening Now

Hardcore History

Also, I used to listen to the one Brian Posehn does where him and his friends play D&D but it's been a while.

Judging by your list you and I would get along great.

Joe Rogan and Joey Diaz have changed my life, and that's not hyperbole. They woke me the fuck up with their wisdom. I'd still be living in my parents basement, 100lbs overweight, and hating my self if it wasn't for them.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By viking_funeral

Bombcast

Hardcore History

Radiolab

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Giant Bomb

Retronauts

FearShop

Hollywood Babble-On

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast and the power bombcast obviously. Occasionally I'll check out Bombin' in the AM.

I used to listen to every single podcast Kevin Smith and his crew put out but between Ralph being annoying as fuck and Kevin being a bitch about his forums, I just out grew them.

I'll occasionally listen to Tested's podcast but Still Untitled is way better.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick plug: Me and some friends do two weekly podcasts. One is called the VideoDestruct Podcast, that covers games and movies. We also do a pro wrestling podcast called The Schmozcast.

Now that my shameless self-promotion is out of the way here is what I listen to:

The Art of Wrestling

Wrestling with Depression

The Giant Bombcast

The Ross Report

The Steve Austin Show

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I usually end up with a big backlog of podcasts. And then end up binging on a bunch when travelling or whatever.

I used to listen to the Joe Rogan Experience but it got annoying. Yeah Joe, you're an alpha male, we get it, stop telling us. Besides, his UFC commentary can be pretty bad and I hear him so much without the podcast. I sometimes go through the backlog & pick & choose a couple of interesting guests but not something I can handle on a regular basis.

Bombcast & the various premium casts, especially Alt F1.

I really like history, so there are several really great history podcasts out there. Others have mentioned Hardcore History which is good, though can be a bit sensationalist at times. Less sensationalist was The History of Rome, by Mike Duncan. I think it reached 189 episodes in the end, covering from the myths around the city's foundation to Romulus Augustulus, the last Emperor in the West. It's a must listen, each episode probably averages 25 minutes (shorter at the start, creeping towards 30 mins by the end quite a lot). If you have an interest in the classical world, check it out. Duncan has also gone on to do Revolutions, 41 episodes in, having so far covered Britain in the 1600s (Charles I, the English Civil War, Putney Debates, Cromwell, all those things) and the American Revolution. Due back on 14th July to begin the next chapter, the French Revolution. It's a fascinating subject to me and Duncan covers things with reasonable depth while still being accessible.

There's the BBC's In Our Time which is a Radio 4 show that basically just picks a subject from science, history, philosophy or similar fields, brings on 3 experts & lets them talk. Sample episodes include The Talmud, The Sino-Japanese War, Robert Boyle & Photosynthesis. I also really enjoy The History of Philosophy which is 181 episodes, during which it has covered classical philosophy from Thales to the neo-Platonists of the 5th century. Gone through Ancient Christian philosophy and has currently taken a long diversion through Jewish & Islamic philosophy which has been going on for the past 60 episodes. You can learn so much about how people used to think about the world, its fascinating. And there is The Russian Rulers Podcast, which is maybe a little dryer than History of Rome

There's the MMA Oddscast from Fury's Fight Picks, which is betting/fight prediction advice from a dude with a good record. I also subscribe to a couple of Sherdog Radio Network shows but I don't listen all the time. Cheap Seats, the Roundtable show & Beatdown After The Bell are usually what I look for there. (And Rewind has a really great series on the history of the UFC, each one covering a 10 PPV span with different MMA media people from Jon Anik & Ariel Helwani to Jordan Breen & Luke Thomas. The ones on the first 20 shows were probably the most interesting, with Dave Meltzer & Clyde Gentry. Worth a look if you have any interest in the history of MMA)

Staying on sport, there is the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, which is hosted by one of my favourite British TV presenters, James Richardson, and usually has good weekly summaries of football. Currently daily during the World Cup which is fun. I also pick & choose the occasional Steve Austin podcast, but usually only when he interviews old wrestlers. His one with Dutch Mantell/Zeb Coulter was fun, ditto Jerry Lawler.

I sometimes check out the Mental Illness Happy Hour, which can be really funny and really sad and really helpful. Basically a comedian whose name I forget interviews someone, sometimes listeners, sometimes more famous people, who talk about various things from alcohol & drug dependence, self-harm, schizophrenia, being abused, and so forth. If you have an interest in mental health issues, or have one, maybe consider having a look.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deadmanforking
  • Bombcast
  • Hello Internet
  • Steve Austin Show
  • Talk is Jericho
  • The Ross Report
  • Hardcore History

The Bombcast is the only one I listen to on a regular basis. The rest I let build up, then slowly catch up.

Oh, also forgot about all the GiantBomb Premium stuff...

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DannyHibiki

Most of the ones I listen to have been mentioned already except:

Anime World Order

Best anime podcast I've ever listened to. Reviews by people with actual taste and know what they're talking about. Anything Daryl Surat does is interesting.

You Talk Loud

A buncha guys that live in Austin, TX talk about all sorts of nerd shit intermixed with weird, sometimes lurid, personal stories told in a hilarious way. Wish they would make more.

porr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By porr

I'm not including any of the new PCs I've picked up reading through this thread:

Giantbomb

This is Only a Test (Tested!)

Radiolab

This American Life (Ira Glass bugs the fuck out of me tho)

Snap Judgement (NPR Storytelling podcast)

My Brother, My Brother and Me (McElroy brother's advice/comedy cast)

Idle Thumbs

Indoor Kids

Interview Dumptruck

Dota Today

Dota On Demand

Dota Insight

DLC

Men in Blazers (Soccer)

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By superslidetail

Giant Bombcast

Power Bombcast

Box Office Bomb

Bombin' the AM

Wrestling:

Steve Austin Show (My favorite wrestling podcast, entertaining, ask great questions and lets the guests speak.)

Talk Is Jericho (Also a great interviewer. I like some of his other guests who aren't in wrestling. Some of his entertaining isn't appealing to me though.)

Ross Report (I like to hear Jim's insight and guests of course but is a little ramble-y and interrupts his guests a bit too much...but its Jim Ross so...)

Piper's Pit (Only listen to select shows, he's just a bit too nuts and scatterbrained which sucks because you know he has some good stories)

Who's Next w/Goldberg (Not a bad interviewer but not really into many of his guests so far, but he did start recently)

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bombcast, Super Best Friendcast, Comedy Bang Bang and sometimes Hardcore History

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

• Giantbombcast
  • Lost Rewatch Podcast
  • 8-4 Play
  • Co-optional Podcast
  • Retsutalk (Very Let's Play focused wouldn't recommend unless you see guests you want to hear from)
  • Film Sack (Great podcast about older movies. Really entertaining)
  • Critical Hit (A very well produced DND podcast. Very well developed characters and story with equally entertaining hosts. Really worth a listen.)

Here are some more that I don't listen to regularly but if for whatever reason I want to listen to something else they're available.

• The Morning Stream (Same guys that do Filmsack, really entertaining but really repetitive)
  • Rooster Teeth Podcast (Same repetitive issue)
  • How Did This Get Made? (Very similar to Filmsack but has too many live shows that are of poorer quality and they do a 2 week schedule instead of weekly)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It's like two best friends trying to fall asleep at a sleepover.They occassionaly talk about video games but mostly play sound effects and try to make each other laugh. Also if you like their facebook page they'll read your name funny on the air!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Gb and Wait wait don't tell me are the two i find time for.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now I only listen to the Bombcast. In the past I was really into The Joe Rogan Experience and other Deathsquad brand podcasts but I basically went from listening almost every day to absolutely none at all. I like Rogan but I disagreed with him on so much and got really tired of similar themes over and over.

I may try to find an MMA podcast soon because I absolutely love me some fights but I'm a bit skeptical that I'll be able to find one that I like.

wuwut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screen Riot: A pretty fun and often times insightful movie review podcast.

izzy_izumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• No One Can Know About This
  • The Soundtrack Show
  • The Dollop
  • You're Wrong About
  • Beyond Blathers
  • The Sour Hour
  • For the Love of Climbing
  • and recently, Oxventure - A Dungeons and Dragons Podcast
  • Hair of the Dogcast
adeelnikama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By adeelnikama

I love to listen Philosophy Bites.That's great all time.

alianger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 25

#82  Edited By alianger