Do you drink water straight from the tap?

• 159 results
I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Poll Do you drink water straight from the tap? (777 votes)

Yes 73%
No 27%

I visited some relatives earlier today and found it odd they drink water straight from the tap. I live in the Pacific Northwest so water here is usually a whole lot cleaner in other major cities. Even still I always had made it a habit to filter my water before actually consuming it. I have to ask if I am alone in this matter or are other people comfortable with drinking their water straight from the faucet.

• 
thuhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Drink tap water is not safe for your health

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), all drinking water (including bottled water) may reasonably be expected to contain small amounts of some contaminants. But even if contaminants are present, that doesn’t necessarily mean the water you’re drinking poses any health risk. The EPA sets legally enforceable standards known as National Primary Drinking Water Regulations (NPDWRs), which limit the levels of contaminants from industrial chemicals, bacteria and parasites, fertilizers, and other potentially harmful sources in drinking water.

Adamot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never drink from the tap. Always filtered or bottled. On the same subject, I have some friends who will stick their head under and literally drink straight from the tap. It's disgusting.

Avatar image for goodbyereptilian
goodbyereptilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i use a water bottle but yeah, water's pretty clean here and the fridge makes it too cold for my teeth anyway.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink from the tap, my tap water is fine.

On the other hand, every rural Maryland school I've ever been to has a warning over every drinking fountain that the water has too much lead in it for pregnant women and infants. The water always tastes awful too.

Camosid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol fuck no. I used to live in Rural Georgia and the fucking water isn't clean normally let alone the nonstop boil water notices. I live in a city now, but still, all my tap has to be filtered wont risk that shit.

teyec24322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My water is normal in color and no odor. Only the taste is iron. Very faint. Almost can not be felt. When boiling the water smells like iron, but if you boil for about 5 minutes the smell is lost. So there's an overabundance of something, but it's not strong.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not entirely sure why this post is still floating around, but my tap water is pretty good. It doesn't taste the best and is very very hard water, but the minerals are good for you I guess and it passes all US water regulations without trouble.

I add a little bit of lemon juice to the water and it goes from drinkable to chugging a full pint delicious.

BullLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By BullLee

At home I drink water straight from the tap. In public bathrooms or when I'm visiting someone and their place seems rather unclean, I don't. Also, no matter where you're doing it, don't be a monster who puts their mouth on the tap.

German here, by the way. Our drinking water is the most supervised, well-controlled substance on earth, with weapons-grade plutonium coming in second. So there's really no reason not to drink tap water.

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mainly drink from a Berkey filter, but I live in NYC and the tap water is pretty great, so I'll have that if the filter's empty for whatever reason. The purified water does taste marginally better, especially for tea, coffee it's harder to tell a difference.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Arizona water is.... sketchy at best. Recently it was identified that Arizona city water had large amounts of contaminates in it for years. Air force bases in the past used to dump jet fuel and chemicals near residential water supplies. Same goes with Southern California since they actually use Arizona's water. Filtered or bottled for me.

Bradleywllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Bradleywllis

No man, I don't drink water until it get purified from some process....

cmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tap water always tastes different to me, not sure if it's just me and my tongue's problems though. I'll still prefer bottled or filtered water if they are available.