Cooking Fun for the GB Community: Recipe-Sharing for all Skill Levels

• 74 results
Theidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jordanxjordan: If I'm going to steal ideas I'll steal them from the best.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Damn, I'm gonna get all over that jambalaya.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to everyone for posting some awesome recipes! Happy holidays to you all!

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TravisRex

Can we convert this to a recipe megathread?

batalskar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pot roast

1pound London broil

1 packet each (dry found in spice and gravy aisles)

Ranch seasoning

Brown Gravy

Zesty Italian seasoning

1/2 cup of water

Place London Broil in crock pot. Mix the three dry seasoning packets into water and mix together. Pour mixture over London Broil. Set crock pot on low and cook for 8 hours. Serve with mash potatoes for an amazing warm and hearty meal!

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insidioustuna: I don't have that authority, haha. I love this though. As soon as my kitchens done I'm gonna try some of these out.

Sen0r_Awes0me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sen0r_Awes0me

Honey Sriracha Roasted Brussels Sprouts (makes at least 4-5 servings)

Step 1: Chop the bottoms off 2 ibs of Brussels sprouts and halve them

Step 2: Whisk together 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/2 honey, and 1 tablespoon Sriracha (more if your household handles heat). Toss in bowl with sprouts to coat

Step 3: Place sprouts cut-down on baking sheet in 400° oven with excess glaze poured on top. Cook. for 30-40 mins.

No Caption Provided

Step 4: Feel all of the love converging on you.....seriously, I've gotten 47 compliments about these this holiday season so far

Sen0r_Awes0me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batalskar: the inclusion of just "Brown Gravy" as an ingredient has me thinking you are British, am I right?

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insidioustuna: Thanks! Saved this for later. Jambalaya is hard to come by here in California.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this for anyone who watched Vinny and Jeff cook in the GOTY videos and wants some recipes!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm probably going to throw together my really easy Jambalaya with Zatarain's mix as a base either Sunday or Monday. I'll take some pictures and write up instructions for people who want to try it but have no cooking ability to speak of.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As someone who needs to cook more, I am following the hell out of this topic.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Cool! Sounds good. Any way you can rename this to some sort of general community recipe-sharing thread?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By mike

@insidioustuna: I can, just come up with a title of 120 characters or less and I'll change it.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: I think "Cooking Fun for the GB Community: Recipe-Sharing for all Skill Levels" would work! Thanks!

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@insidioustuna: made your jambalaya tonight and it was awesome, thanks for the recipe duder

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Extremely unhealthy but it's a very good guilty pleasure sandwiches.

Bacon, and tomato grilled cheese. (Extra Cheesy)

Ingredients

3 slices of bread. Flat top bread works the best.

3-5 strips of bacon. Really depends on how much you want.

Sliced tomatoes.

Cheese. I usually like to use Muenster and Swiss combo.

Butter.

Pre-Perp

Prepare the bacon to your desired crispness and put on plate with paper towels to soak the fat. If you are going to use the same pan or skillet for grilling the bread then make sure to clean the pan. DO NOT USE THE BACON FAT FOR GRILLING THE BREAD!

Butter the 2 slinces bread on both sides.

Heat a skillet (If you have gas tops use medium flame, if you have electric top use medium-low.) You can tell the desired heat when you splash cold water on it and the water clumps into small lumps and they almost seem to dance on the surface. If they evaporate right away then it's too hot.

Directions

Now this step is very important to keep track of. The middle bread slice gets grilled on both sides. 2-3 minutes for each side, depending on how crispy you like it. The 2 outer pieces get only grilled on one side. Leave one side uncooked.

DO NOT GUESS THE TIMES. USE A TIMER.

Once you have all slices done it's time to make the sandwich.

I usually like to layer it like so. but you can mix it up as you see fit.

Bread>Cheese>Tomatoes>Cheese>Bread>Cheese>Bacon>Cheese>Bread.

The fully grilled slice goes on the middle. Make sure that the grilled side of the 2 slices face the inside.

Once you have it all layered return to skillet or pan and grill covered for another 3 minutes. Put on the side and let sit for at least 5 minutes.

Eat with a good cup of coffee.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

As long as I'm bumping favorite forum posts to sweet the Community Spotlight spammer away from the main page of the forums, I wanted to reshare this one, since it's been a while and I'm sure lots of people have some good recipes to share.

Here's a pinwheel recipe I like for parties or holidays:

Finely chopped turkey lunchmeat (roast beef and ham also work)
1 can chopped jalapenos (or even better, fresh ones, finelly chopped, sans seeds - you can also substitute green olivs or pimentos here, both are great)
4 green onions, also finely chopped
8 ounce container of cream chese. I like the thinner spreadable kind, but you do you
Half can diced black olives
Package of your favorite tortillas - I liked the spinach or wheat ones for this. Flour tortillas work just fine too.

Just chop and toss everything but the tortillas into a bowl. To make the cream cheese easier to work with, let it sit out for a half hour or so. Clean those dirty sinner's hands well and mash everything together with your fingers. Spread the cream cheese goop and spread it over the tortillas. If your tortillas tear, try warming them in the microwave for no more than about thirty seconds.

Roll up the tortillas. You don't need to fold the ends like a burrito, just roll them up. Now take a sharp knife (by the handle, you goof), shout "Hi-yah!" and cut the tortillas at regular intervals. My recipe says 1 inch but I like them thinner because this is pretty heavy, Doc.

Enjoy. Or don't, if you have no taste.

freemeerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This grilled cheese sandwich recipe is so easy, even a toddler could make it (with a little supervision, of course). It's the perfect comfort food for when you're feeling lazy but still want something warm and delicious. Plus, you can customize it to your liking - want to add some bacon or tomato? Go for it! Want to use a different type of cheese? The world is your oyster (or should I say, your grilled cheese). So whip up a batch and savor that gooey, melty goodness - your taste buds will thank you!

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tartyron

I just spent a moth figuring out restaurant worthy teriyaki from scratch!

1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce

1/2 cup mirin

1/2 cup cheap sake (I use Ozeki brand)

Tablespoon minced ginger

Tablespoon minced garlic

Half tablespoon sesame oil

Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

Put oil into a pot, add garlic and ginger and fry for about 2 minutes, add the soy sauce, mirin and sake. Bring to a boil and let cook off the alcohol (about 5 minutes). Mix the cornstarch and water in a separate bowl. Take off heat and stir cornstarch slurry into pot slowly, mixing enough to break up and clumping. Add sesame seeds. Done! It’ll make about a mason jar worth of sauce, good for about 8-10 chicken thighs.

For the chicken, I debone the thighs but leave the skin on, salt and pepper them and let them sit at least 30 minutes in the fridge (better if overnight), the. Place in cold pan skin side down, cook until skin is crispy, then flip, cook the rest of the way until at a safe temp. Then remove the chicken, leaving the rendered fat in the pan, and cut into strips, then put back in the pan and spoon sauce onto them, mixing in the pan until coated all over and warm. The fat mixes with the sauce and that’s where the magic happens. Serve with rice and steamed veggies (cabbage, broccoli and carrot chips)

It’s not healthy, but at least there is no added sweetener like honey or brown sugar like many other recipes call for.

Don’t marinate the chicken in the sauce or add it while cooking the chicken to temp because it’ll stop it from getting Crispy and the sauce will burn before the chicken is done.

Oh, and wash your rice. Like three times!

Hope y’all like it! I sure do!