Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVO Championship Series

Concept »

The World Fighting Game Championships in all but name. Since 2000, the Evolution Championship Series has been the most prominent fighting game tournament event. It features the best players from all over the world.

Combo Breaker (May 22-24 - Live from Chicago!) Preview! PLUS M.Bison Street Fighter V trailer, New T7 character & more!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#451  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: Tell me how you really feel.

I'm actually going to buy Tanya so this should be interesting; probably won't try to use her online but I'm curious if I'll be able to beat the Very Hard comp with her weirdness (much more difficult than beating other players the vast majority of the time). The pogo combos don't seem like they're that horrible.

@hassun: No Infexious? <Insert Various Twitch Emotes>

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: He peaked a little too recently to be selected I think. Either way the finals day has the exact same players as last time.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kakutop III already announced. Slated for 17 - 18 October 2015.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: The house that Luffy built.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Sonic Fox just got 3-0'd by DJT's Fisticuffs Johnny Cage, the b12121212 was too strong. 1212121212... and so on.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By hassun

@fredchuckdave: It's one of the most annoying moves/combos in the game if you ask me. Knowing that you just have to "hold dat" until there is a break in the string and if you mess up the reversal you have to "hold dat" for another full string. And if he manages to corner you it's quite possible you're just going to get fucked without being able to do a damn thing about it. One of my first online matches was against a Fisticuffs Johnny who did just that for the entire game. I had no idea where the gaps were and I got destroyed.

Not that I have a big issue with block strings or chip combos but for some reason the Fisticuffs one is very annoying. I guess being annoying is built into his character so kudos to NRS for making him that way I guess.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hassun: The way DJT is using it isn't really that easy to do, lots of run cancels and so on; but in general it's a really dumb string (albeit an intentionally dumb string). I don't even think it's easy to do a normal special cancel out of it. Probably not as hard to do as Droneya corner combos but relatively similar.

Edit: CALTROPS!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#stackedtournaments

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hassun: Not only Nemo but the immaculate MCZ Markman as well!? No Mike Ross this year apparently. That does mean more Cameraman/Somniac commentary which I'm alright with. Everyone should watch the TCW MKX Grand Finals, another 3-2, 3-2 involving Sonic Fox; I'll link a youtube when I find one.

Edit: No Sako?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By hassun

@fredchuckdave: Sako just doesn't care about the CapCup I think. Shame.

And yeah I watched the MKX action. SonicFox displaying some great adaptation skills. When DJT switched to Kung Lao I was already thinking "well this is a wrap, SonicFox wins" but DJT did better with Kung Lao than I expected.

I don't think anyone can still argue against SonicFox being a true NRS god. Maybe even the only one. Too good.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: DJT's Kung Lao is as good as FoxyGrampa's, though again the character is in Evil Ryu territory for execution relative to everyone other than maybe D'Vorah/Hellfire Scorpion (who do have easier combos available) so at least in the early stages he's not the most viable. A lot of those conversions are ridiculously difficult.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.