Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

MS: Joe Belfiore Is Made As The Head of PC Division

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

It is no surprise that Microsoft has been pushing the Xbox, Windows Phone, and Windows PC divisions closer together within the Windows unit. Today, AllThingsD has reported a new leadership structure within the unit that showcases a collection of new posts for longtime Microsoft employees.

The first name to go around is Microsoft’s Windows and Windows Phone lead, Terry Myerson, who will handle reports for various departments including development, test, and program management, along with those individuals heading Phone/Tablet/PC, Xbox, Services, and other “future projects”.

Head of development will be a fellow colleague who worked alongside Terry Myerson within the Windows Phone division - Henry Sanders. Popular Windows Phone manager, Joe Belfiore, will lead a team focused on phones, tablets, and PCs, which is a surprising move. Marc Whitten will head up the company’s Xbox team. ..

The company’s restructuring aims to unify software development and creation within the Windows Core division. In addition, Joe Belfiore heading up phones, tablets, and PCs not only shows a unification of hardware development within the company, but also solidifies the company’s standpoint on becoming a multinational technology company focused on hardware and software. ..

WPCentral: Belfiore will lead a team focused on phones, tablets, and PCs as Microsoft's reorganization becomes clearer

The Verge: Joe Belfiore now focused on phones, tablets, and PCs as Microsoft starts to combine software

All Thngs D: Windows Unit Gets Fresh Leaders as Phone, PC and Xbox Efforts Move Closer Together

No Caption Provided

"I am Stephen Elop"

So, dr

Joe Belfiore is doing PC, and Windows Phone.

Marc Whitten is doing Xbox.

Juile Larson-Green is not doing Xbox, it turns out, but reports and checking in on hardware.

And Stephen Elop will take control of Hardware, or even CEO.

Or more like everyone has roles a little larger than before. That sounds alright.

No Caption Provided

"I am Joe Belfiore"

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Steve ballmer > steve ballmer

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Stephen Elop > Stephen Flop

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sony> Microsoft

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Marc Whitten and that Joe guy are good choices, prepare for a unbreakable Surfaces, Windows Phone and Xboxes that leave a dent on the floor when dropped.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By falserelic
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Marc Whitten and that Joe guy are good choices, prepare for a unbreakable Surfaces, Windows Phone and Xboxes that leave a dent on the floor when dropped.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a Surface Watch, and stuff, holified by the unbreakable spirit that is Elop, in the next two years after this.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Elop sure did a nice job of burning Nokia to the ground so MS could but it up on, what, 58 cents on the dollar 2 years later? Good work asshole. I liked the N9.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

This is actually the most perfect thing that could have happened, for me at least. I love the hardware that Nokia has been pushing, so Elop will be perfect. and I love the software that Belfiore is so fucking passionate about, and that is massive. I just love this news. I am expecting MS to offer amazing new Windows Phones hardware in the coming years!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@minivan: Well now it makes a little more sense, now that I looked at the All Things D article.

Windows and Windows Phone head Terry Myerson will have at least seven direct reports in the new structure, including leaders for the development, test and program-management positions, plus individuals heading the company’s phone/tablet/PC, Xbox and services departments, and another in charge of “future special projects.”

So, I guess everyone reports to Windows. I think. Well, that sounds alright.

Oh, and I read on The Verge that: Some bigger MS investors want Ford's CEO Alan Mullaly to become CEO of Microsoft. That he turned out the Taurus car's image. So, that still sounds alright. Or Computer Science's Mike Lawrie, and I don't know who that is. So cool.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.