Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wizards

Concept »

Being learned scholars and masters of the arcane arts, wizards wield great power by manipulating magical energy for the forces of good and evil.

Best Video Game to be a Wizard

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Spence_5060

What is the best video game that really shows off how great it is to be a mage or wizard or spellcaster of some type that wields magic? What is your favorie?

I am really itching to play as a good cool mage of some sort. If you could also point out some good console games that have good mage classes in them I would most appreciate it.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

I usually don't gravitate toward magic users that much, but I've always found the mage classes in Dragon Age to be much more fun and interesting than the other classes.

Diablo 3 is generally good about making you feel badass, and you have the option of being a badass wizard.

Skyrim can be fun as a mage, but I think you really need mods for that. The base magic system is kind of lackluster. Especially destruction magic.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magicka's magic system is probably the best and most innovative in any video game. Too bad the game is impossible solo, you really need friends to coop with.

The Souls' games wizard classes are often known as "Easy mode" for a reason.

Wiz 'n' Liz: The Frantic Wabbit Wescue is an underappreciated classic platformer for the Genesis.

There's one I can't remember the name of. You're a wizard, the game is isometric, you wander around in some caves or dungeon for the whole game. It's hard as fuck. It came out on a number of platforms, cross generation. I think there's an NES and SNES version...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This concept name was "Wizards" instead of "Wizard" for some reason, fixed it.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the combat in Kingdoms of Amalur, although I might be alone on that front. Seemed to me that they did a good job of blending magic and melee and give it that sense of power that most games miss.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street Fighter?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@icicle7x3 said:

Street Fighter?

Goddamn you, I'm two minutes too late.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Did you say wizard, dear reader?

Loading Video...

"Shit!" Said Harry Potter

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.