Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

Street Fighter V PC Community?

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

Back at launch I picked up SFV for PS4 and remember there was a fairly active community on there of duders (I forget if it was a SFV-specific group or general fighting games). My PS4 is buried in a closet somewhere now but I just picked up the game on Steam and started playing again. I thought I remembered hearing back when that Playstation community formed that their was one for PC as well, but I haven't had any luck finding mention of it in these forums or on Steam.

Is my memory bad and this doesn't exist, or am I just not finding it?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

(I don't actually know, though those types of games are usually better represented on consoles) I am curious why your PS4 has received the 'last gen' treatment though? Already sick of it?

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SFV is Steam/PS4 crossplay. If you want to find Giant Bomb duders who play SFV, hit up the fighting game thread, it should be on page 1 or 2 most of the time.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@nnickers:

I believe there is a discord channel for the GB FGC, you might try there.

I'm hoping one of the senior members of that comes by and offers you an invite.

I suggest asking some of the regulars in the FGC thread here in the forums for an invite.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yeah we have a pretty active fighting game community I'm on my phone so I can't do proper links (someone else feel free) but this is our Discord channel where we play. I feel like most days there's an SFV lobby or two that crops up among other games. https://discord.gg/nGXFQg2

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Also again bad linky but this is the thread we use on the site to talk about fighting games which also has a proper link to the discord http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/fighting-games-general-ex-plus-a-1790649/

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, thanks everyone! I knew about the general fighting game thread but couldn't find it the day I was looking; just signed up for the Dischord channel and was glad to see how active it looks.

@zevvion: PS4 is a great console [interface is massively better than XMB, DS4 is now my favorite controller ever], but last April I built my first PC and just haven't looked back. I didn't touch my PS4 after that aside from occasionally carrying friends through Destiny raids. Then, this last September I moved into a new apartment and I got myself my own home office with my PC at the center which relegated the PS4 to being a mere streaming device in the living room. A month later we got a new smart TV that does the streaming itself and...now the PS4 is in a closet.

That said, I started thinking yesterday that I may now hook it back up to my old 1080p monitor in the office. I was helping my mom clean her house and ended up coming home with all my old PS1 games. I've got a real itch now for some Monster Rancher 2, Battle Arena Toshinden [fuck Tekken!], and maybe I'll try to finally beat Chrono Trigger.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnickers: If you're going for a 'PC is better technically' argument I am totally with you. It's why I mostly play on PC. But for me, playing games with KB/M is just a lot less fun. And I mean a lot. Especially things like shooters I prefer to play with a controller. So when Destiny 2 comes out and assuming the rumors of it coming to PC are true, I'll still get it on PS4 because I like the competitive multiplayer quite a bit and would hate it being forced to play without a controller.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nnickers

@zevvion: I feel you, especially where my job already has me working on a computer for 50+ hours each week to begin with. Have you ever tried using a controller with your PC though? I use a Dualshock 4 and it's incredibly easy to connect. Just install the program "DS4Windows" and it works exactly as you'd hope: plug it in and it works, hold down the PS button when it's unplugged and it connects through Bluetooth. The only game my DS4 hasn't worked with is L.A.Noire.

I'm sure if Destiny 2 does come to PC it will have controller support, and that's how I hope to play it. Though I'm much more into the PvE aspect; obviously in PvP you'd be playing against KB+M players at a disadvantage.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnickers: Yeah, I probably did not convey my opinion too well. I play with a controller on my PC all the time. Skyrim? Controller. Hitman? Controller. Borderlands? Controller. Dark Souls? Controller.

But indeed, games that are competitive PvP and benefit greatly in terms of player performance from KB/M, are the types of games I'll get on console regardless. Because while I would absolutely love to play Destiny 2 on PC, I just don't want to play Trials with KB/M which I would absolutely have to if I want to rate.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WynnDuffy

KB/M all the way for me, except for fighting and driving games because I am not crazy.

As for SFV there's not much else to be said, just be warned about the netcode. It seems even more unreliable when you're playing over crossplay, the netcode is one of the main reasons why I quit the game, well that and Capcom's refusal to acnknowledge the netcode needs patches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.