Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Square Enix

Company »

A Japanese video game company that is best known for the development of role-playing games. It is the result of a merger between two separate video game companies, Square and Enix. Its subsidiaries include Taito and Eidos.

Square To Reveal 3 Big Games Next Week (Rumour)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    No Caption Provided

Australian site Gameplayer is reporting that Square Enix will announce three big games next week, just prior to E3. Two of the games in question are said to be multi-platform titles. They also state that fans of two of Square's biggest franchises will be "extremely happy".

source

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By babblinmule

I'm praying for Kingdom Hearts 3 (although since the team is doing Versus, i cant see that happening).

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Al3xand3r said:
    I wonder if any of these (if this is true) is gonna be for the Wii, though they have their ... [more]

I would hope that one of these rumoured multi-platform games will make it over... I don't consider After Years to be a big game, if it was I would have less hope of one of these games coming over.

DQ must be taking up much of the Wii resources now, while Bearers is nearing completion. The other two are small projects in comparison, so maybe Wii ownvers might get lucky.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

If it isn't a new Vagrant Story, I don't give a shit.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Maybe a new Grandia (not the Online thing). Or Saga Frontier. Or XENOGEARS PLZ. Or Vagrant Story. Or something new, I'm down for that too with how awesome The Crystal Bearers is shaping up to being.

I'd also love to see them do another 2D title like Saga Frontier 2. But better. That way they could have it on all systems with no conversion issues. And 2D rules.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
    Al3xand3r said:
    Maybe a new Grandia (not the Online thing). Or Saga Frontier. Or XENOGEARS PLZ. Or Vagrant Story. Or something new, ... [more]
    Grandia is Square Enix?  Hrmm...

Saga Frontier was a horrible franchise, and hopefully, they leave it dead.

Xenogears would probably rile up the fanboys more than anything right about now, but they haven't done it yet...so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Matsuno-san, as far as I know, isn't really making games anymore...so Vagrant Story would seem to be out of the question.

I also realized that if they say anything about Front Mission 5, it's on like Donkey Kong, bitches.  Love me some fucking Front Mission!

Even something Musashi related would be nice...so long as it isn't a hunk of shit like Musashi Samurai Legend was.

Oh, and since no one has said it:

*insert obligatory "ZOMFG FFVII REMAKE ON PS3 YAYZOR WOOT WOOT" comment here  -_- *
    SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SenatorSpacer

Kingdom Hearts 3 plz.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Grandia is Game Arts but they're major partners of Square. I thought Square actually owned them now but wikipedia says otherwise. Square did publish III which I hear sucked but yeah, maybe the franchise can get back on track...

Saga Frontier games have potential. I mean, it's not like the different games were so similar. But I loved the art and some of the premise in the 2nd though I never played it. The first I never finished it was incoherent, confusing, depressing and no fun. But it seemed they were an avenue for experimentation than actual sequels. I'm down with that, Square's gotten better at experimenting as The Crystal Bearers gloriously showcases.

Forgot about Front Mission, that's very likely given the futuristic war themes of that teaser website. I liked FM3 on the PlayStation enough to want a sequel, but it should be greatly improved if they do it, not just a HD rehash...

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Number1

Final Fantasy XIII Versus im calling it

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Milkman

I'm finding it harder and harder to care at all about what Square Enix is releasing.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By trophyhunter

(sarcastic)
    ooh yay FF and dragon quest

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

Eh? We already know of the upcoming FF and Dragon Quest titles so, they aren't gonna re-reveal those... I guess they could actually show Dragon Quest X for the first time but, we've seen plenty of FFXIII so... you fail @ sarcasm.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trophyhunter
    Al3xand3r said:
    Eh? We already know of the upcoming FF and Dragon Quest titles so, they aren't gonna re-reveal those... I guess ... [more]
    they say fans of two of Square's biggest franchises will be "extremely happy". there two biggest things are FF and dragon quest
    so all that means is they are just making two more
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

God more games?! how about they finish they ones they have in the pipe all ready? i mean shit they got all these games taking so long to come out they need to finish those up get all their teams on them and get em done.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trophyhunter
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    God more games?! how about they finish they ones they have in the pipe all ready? i mean shit they ... [more]
    yeah square was talking about they take to long to make games, well how about you make them one a time rather than 20 a time
    who am I kidding its going to be the bouncer 2
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PercyChuggs
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    God more games?! how about they finish they ones they have in the pipe all ready? i mean shit they ... [more]
    Are you ever not complaining about something?
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    PercyChuggs said:
    WilliamRLBaker said: God more games?! how about they finish they ones they have in the pipe all ready? i mean ... [more]
    do you only come on the site for 5 seconds a day? cause if thats so you would know thats not true, as for that i spend more time in the giantbomb irc then any thing.
    as for that why the hell do you care? as for that im 100% right square needs to stop jerking off rerererererererererereleases and remakes and get around to making new ip's and actually finish what they started they have so many games in the works for about 4-5 years now they need to get those done and out and get company resources on that before they start up all new games.
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PercyChuggs
    @WilliamRLBaker:
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    PercyChuggs said: WilliamRLBaker said: God more games?! how about they finish they ones they have in the pipe all ready? ... [more]
    Square released 3 new IP's in 2008: The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and The World Ends With You. You demand more from them?
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Red

For some reason, I was thinking it could be a new Vagrant Story or a good Mana game.

Nope. Another Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

Meh.
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By lord_canti

heres hopeing for  kingdom hearts 3 and chrono trigger. but i would bet that kindom hearts will be multi platform not that i care coz i dont at all what i do care about is people on both sides of  the console wars complaneing and gloteing

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Tobal 3 motha fuckas!!!

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By lord_canti

also  just as a thought  if they did announce a FF7 remake ..would any one actualy be happy granted its a good game but if they changed things about it people would be pissed  and if they kept it the same and just improved the graphics people would be pissed 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.