Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Franchise »

The Rock Band franchise introduced the first rhythm game to incorporate drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass instruments, creating a virtual band. It was also the first franchise to include genre staples such as Band World Tour, and character customization.

How should I get my Rock Band?

incapacitated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By incapacitated

Ok here's the situation... I need some Giant Bomb help...

I've just recently come back to north america after living in asia for over 4 years.  I want to get rock band 3 for my 360 but i don't have any instruments.  The only bundle i can find is game and keyboard only.  What should i do?  I was thinking of getting the Rock Band Beatles bundle and then purchasing the new game.  But should I just buy the keyboard bundle and get separate instruments?  Recommendations?  Thanx.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Okay, here's my suggestion, and I'm going to be nice enough to look up some deals real quick to help...  

I was going to suggest getting the Rock Band 2 special edition bundle since it used to be cheaper, and then picking up Rock Band: Beatles for $15 (just the game), but scratch that. I just found The Beatles: Rock Band bundle for $90 on Amazon. That's $70 off the usual price. It comes with the standard RB2 guitar, mic, and drums. It also qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping. If you're interested in getting the keyboard for RB3, then go ahead and get that bundle. Pick up RB1 used since the songs can be transferred an unlimited amount of times, so it doesn't have to be new. With RB2, I'm pretty sure you need a new copy to be able to transfer the songs, and Amazon is selling it for $40, which is too much. If I was you, I'd just pick up that Beatles Rock Band deal for now. You can pick up the rest of the stuff as you find better deals/sales.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Malakhii
    @TheGreatGuero: That info made me cream my pants, and I already have all the stuff. 
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

For free. Because thats all that shit is worth.

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By tobygw

I think I might have heard that the beatles instruments aren't as good as the standard rock band 2 ones. I could be wrong though.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#6  Edited By MightyDuck
    @TheGreatGuero: 

I've heard that they packed in the RB1 drums with that Beatles set.  Any truth to that?  I just had my RB1 set break, so I was hoping to upgrade to at least the RB2 set.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @GetWhatYagive said:
    " @TheGreatGuero:   I've heard that they packed in the RB1 drums with that Beatles set.  Any truth to that?  I just had my RB1 set break, so I was hoping to upgrade to at least the RB2 set. "
    I don't know, man. I thought they packed in the RB2 instruments, but I'm not really sure.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By zidd
    @incapacitated: @GetWhatYagive: @TheGreatGuero: That pack contains RB1 instruments. Stay far away from it. Buy an RB2 bundle if you can and get some extra songs with your instruments.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Zidd said:
    " @incapacitated: @GetWhatYagive: @TheGreatGuero: That pack contains RB1 instruments. Stay far away from it. Buy an RB2 bundle if you can and get some extra songs with your instruments. "
    No it doesn't. That link is to the Special Edition, which contains RB2 instruments. It's the "value" bundle that you want to look our for.
    incapacitated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By incapacitated

Thanks for all the great advice everyone, I think I'll probably go for the Beatles deluxe set since they have a deal on right now and I can have all their songs too!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.