Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD ?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD ? (89 votes)

Yes I ❤ RE4 31%
    Nope 11%
    Steam Sale 44%
    Capcom Cash Grab 13%

Will You Be Getting RE4UHDE?

I played the absolute crap out of the gamecube version back in the day, I'll probably be getting it. Also RE5>RE4

Ashley Mai Waifu

• 
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

No, I played it back in the day. Its a cool game but I don't have exactly a burning passion for it like some do.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

$5 on Steam seems a reasonable price for a game I've already bought two different times.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Waiting for a price drop, since I paid full price for that original PC port way back when.

Boy was that a mistake.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going to wait and see if capcom did a good job with updating it, but if it is done well, I'll definitely be picking it up

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By EuanDewar

fuck man I've bought and completed it on ps2, wii and 360 i'll PROBABLY DO IT HERE AGAIN

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I've played RE4 too much already. The Red 9 will still be the best handgun. I don't need more of it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nah, two versions is enough for me.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

Only if I can screenshot the hell out of it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glots

I've always had interest for it, even more so with the supposedly improved pc-version announced, but I still wasn't planning on buying it...'till yesterday, that is. Here's hoping it'll be a great port!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bought it twice already, that's enough.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

I'll probably buy it when it goes on a Steam sale. When playing through it on the Xbox, I felt like a good chunk of the difficulty came from the imperfect analog stick aiming, so I want to see if this game suddenly becomes a cakewalk with a mouse and keyboard.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Played the game enough, might eventually pick it up if the price goes down very low on a sale. Right now I don't see myself replaying it with so much games in my backlog.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Beyond the obvious graphical improvements, RE4 is better than RE5 in just about every way. And no... maybe, dependant on if I ever spot it for cheap enough, like... £3 or something, at most.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'll probably pick it up in a sale at some point. I've never played RE4 and so this is probably the best opportunity for me to experience it, although given how many other games are coming out in the next few months it can definitely wait.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EuanDewar

@believer258: The Wii version was very mouse-like and while I did find it a degree easier I would also probably say it was my favourite version of the game. Resi 4 on an analogue stick is tense but with some sort of pointer it's just flat out great fun. A mouse isn't quite the same as pointing the wiimote at your TV but the principle behind it is fairly similar. I imagine the PC version will be pretty cool.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ezekiel

Yes. I might wait until a discount, but I think the price is fine. I completed it four to six years ago on the Gamecube and I want to do it again on my favorite platform. I'm not the biggest fan, but it's more appealing to me than almost all the new games.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I have an IMMENSE love for RE4. I replayed it when it came out on Xbox Live Arcade and that was a wonderful revisit to 2005, but I don't see another re-release recapturing that experience again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Resident Evil 4, I don't really see a reason to buy this when I already have the PS3 version.

Feels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Feels

You know what? This'll sound crazy, but I never finished RE4. Or played any of the others before it for that matter. Must have played through RE5 around three times though.

Tried playing RE4 on the original garbage PC port, then again on the 360 HD re-release. Don't think I have it in me to try again. Cool game and all, I just got on the ship long after it set sail and simply can't get into it. Wish I played through it when it was originally released.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Probably. I never played it before because apparently the PC port was garbage and anyway at the time I was busy and not really paying attention to games.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I have already bought and played multiple times the gamecube, ps2, wii and xbox 360 versions. So yes I will be buying this.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Steam sale I'll probably buy it just as an excuse to play it again. No more than $5

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From my brief test before leaving to school...game runs good, but in slow-motion. Intro dialog ended maybe twenty seconds before the actual video did. Same with each cut-scene so far. Controls are...decent, I guess. Don't expect any great improvements (Dead Space 2 type of work-over would've been heavenly...) on that department. FPS is fixed on either 30 or 60. Can't turn on subtitles as of now...

So yeah, that slow motion thing is definetly killing the experience for me. I don't seem to be the only one, so hoping it'll get fixed. Once/if that happens, I could see myself getting into it better, hopefully.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By mrcraggle

I love me some RE4 but this version seems pretty janky from what I've been reading.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#25  Edited By Jagged85

I've played RE4 plenty of times before. I wouldn't mind having another go at one of the greatest games of all time.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Been checking out the steam forums..... sounds really mixed and more unhappy gamers with the quality of the port.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have played it for about an 1.5 hours now and my feelings are pretty similiar to my previous post. Switching over to 360 controller helped the experience some and made the mouse&keyboard scheme feel about as shoddy as the fan implented one in the original port. Sadly the slow-motion garbage is still there and only gets 'fixed' by switching over to 30 fps limit. It's playable, but even the low price I paid is starting to seem too much now. Hopefully it can be fixed with a patch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.