Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom

Franchise »

Marvel vs. Capcom is a fighting game series which crosses over legendary members of the Capcom franchise with the legendary members of the Marvel Franchise.

What costumes would Marvel characters use in MvC3?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

so with the imminent official announcement (hopefully, or this has all been a huge hoax) of Marvel vs Capcom 3, the first thing that sprung to my mind was actually...costumes. Because I haven't read or kept up with comics in about...oh 10 or so years, I have no idea what most characters look like these days. When MvC2 came out (well it started with X-Men Children Of The Atom really) the Marvel characters' costumes reflected their current ones in the comics at the time... its 2010 now, and while characters like Spider-Man retain their iconic costume, others like Wolverine or Storm (both rumoured to return) change all the time. So, any comic book fan around that wants to share what most characters look like these days?

Avatar image for buttonsmcboomboom
    ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ButtonsMcBoomBoom

They should all be naked

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I think most of them will be the same or similar to the ones used in MvC 2.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

I doubt Capcom will invest in new sprites now so they'll probably be polygons with (hopefully) multiple costumes. 

I still can't imagine MvC3 being made.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rhaknar
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I think most of them will be the same or similar to the ones used in MvC 2. "
    the game will be on a whole new engine... sure the costumes could still look identical, but if you mean they will re-use the sprites, you are very mistaken

I have a bad "movie look" feeling about any x-men character >_>
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJOR64
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    the game will be on a whole new engine... sure the costumes could still look identical, but if you mean they will re-use the sprites, you are very mistaken  I have a bad "movie look" feeling about any x-men character >_> "
    I'm not saying they are going to re-use the sprites.  I'm saying that costumes might be similar to the ones in MvC 2.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    the game will be on a whole new engine... sure the costumes could still look identical, but if you mean they will re-use the sprites, you are very mistaken  I have a bad "movie look" feeling about any x-men character >_> "
    I'm not saying they are going to re-use the sprites.  I'm saying that costumes might be similar to the ones in MvC 2. "
    fair enough, but when was the last time Storm for example even used that costume... hell, back when I still read x-men, she hadn't used that costume in years :D
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dbz1995

I just think they'll use the most well-known costumes for each character. I mean, when I think Cyclops I think a dude in blue with a yellow visor and brown hair, and I'm 14, so I should be thinking of a different Cyclops.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.