Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 20, 2021

The third and final entry in IO Interactive's reboot of the Hitman series takes Agent 47 to all new locales including Dubai, England, Germany and China.

Does anyone think the deluxe edition is worth it?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I really want to play the deluxe escalations but at a $50 premium I just cant justify it, if it was like a season pass and included a couple extra maps I would be way more inclined but I personally think its pretty gross that they are locking off fairly minor content behind such a steep pay wall.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@spyder335: definitely not worth it, they end up adding escalations. If time goes by and more and more is behind that paywall then maybe

MF_GOON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It’s only $35 dollars on PlayStation. Is it $50 elsewhere?

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks like the deluxe edition is $79.99 on xbox, which is not a $50 premium.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

As a major fan from the beginning of Hitman back in the day I got the Deluxe Edition on Epic just to support them more. The Deluxe Escalations was fun, and you unlock new costumes and weapons by doing them. But it's all more or less cosmetic, and by now there are a lot of escalations to do. So if money is tight you aren't missing that much. And if you just want more content I guess the player created contracts can keep you busy for ages.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry its $50 Australian, and thats just for the upgrade.

pajamariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends how interested you are in extra suits and items. Also worth noting you get some developer commentary, the soundtracks, and an artbook if those interest you at all.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm not that into the cosmetics and I'm not the biggest fan of escalations, still have lots from the first two games I've not tried yet, so left the deluxe version on the shelf. As cool as the snow ninja looks from the coming update I'm just a stickler for the plain old suit.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill probably wait for a 50% off sale and upgrade, I love escalation but right now $50 is too much for a couple hours of content and some cosmetics.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a major fan from the beginning of Hitman back in the day I got the Deluxe Edition on Epic just to support them more. The Deluxe Escalations was fun, and you unlock new costumes and weapons by doing them. But it's all more or less cosmetic, and by now there are a lot of escalations to do. So if money is tight you aren't missing that much. And if you just want more content I guess the player created contracts can keep you busy for ages.

This is what I did. I feel bad for paying so little for Hitman 1 in the first place, so I'm making it up now by paying for the deluxe.

I do not think the content in the deluxe has been worth the money at all, and if I wasn't paying for it purely out of feeling like I want to help support the studio for all their good work and looking at it like a sort of tip or bonus to them, I would probably be very annoyed with both them for charging that much for what they give you and myself for spending it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll do my usual and grab it at £25 in a sale. I've got plenty of Hitman to revisit in the meantime. Even without the illusive targets, the first game has so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.