Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon 5

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 09, 2021

The series' fifth entry brings players to the streets and wilderness of Mexico.

Crashing issues on PC? Anyone else?

99bajakid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, i've put a couple hours into FH5 relatively bug (and Jeep) free. I get the occasional 'cannot connect to server' prompt, but I ignore it and it goes away after a short while. I just now started modifying cars, and the first one I wanted to mod was a 93 Mazda Miata into an A class, it was one of my favorites from FH4 - whenever I get to the cosmetic mods (bumpers etc) the game locks, and shuts down the desk top. I thought okay, maybe it's just cosmetic, no worries - i'm sure a patch will fix it soonsih so I went to put on grippy race tires, same thing instant lock up and back to desktop. I'm on an NVMe so restarting isn't that big of a hassle, but it's getting annoying, I was wondering if anyone else had any lockup/crash to desktop issues with FH5? I went into task manager and removed any un-necessary programs (epic, steam, discord etc..)

Other than this issue, i'm loving the vibe of the game, very chill and up beat.

Darkaileron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had an issue where if I cycle through car upgrade menus/options too quickly the game will freeze and crash to desktop. It's pretty consistent so it's been quite annoying.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I haven't had any issues myself but there's a known memory leak issue that the devs are aware of and working to patch.

99bajakid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update - Awhile ago I must have set my Game Pass games to download to my non boot drive, I moved FH5 to my boot drive and I haven't had the issue return since then. Now if I play for awhile (an hour +) textures will start to disappear, i'm guessing that is due to the memory leak you're speaking of.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.