What do you do for fun outside of Videogames?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey dudes,

Just wondering what you guys do for fun, or to pass the time when you're not gaming

I'm hauntingly basic, my partner and I just watch Netflix really. We like going out to eat, and when the weather permits it, going to the beach

I'm secretly looking for new hobby ideas :)

Thanks!

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By AV_Gamer  Online

I read, listen to music, and binge-watch streaming shows. I just got finished watching Reacher Season 2 on Prime Video just a couple of days ago. Also, I've been watching a lot of True Crime stuff lately, from many popular Youtube channels to certain shows like Snapped.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My hobby is giving up on other hobbies. Working out, learning languages, learning instruments, telling myself that I'm going to write more. I just can't stick with anything. I used to play basketball a lot. Not on a team, but just shooting around on the hoop in my backyard and the occasional one-on-one with friends. But I don't have a hoop anymore, so It's been years since I've played.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I've been a musician on and off for almost 20 years. I play guitar and bass mostly now, though I also can play keys and have a synth I hook up and use both a synth and midi interface. I also have been a tinkerer of sorts for just about as long. I first started tinkering with guitars, then computers, and now pretty much anything I can get my hands on. My latest thing has been rebuilding old iPods. I also do programming stuff from time to time though what I actually enjoy doing from that area is scripting and automation. I also like weird math stuff. I have an actual degree in math that I am not currently using but I love math so I try to keep up to date and sharp on the topic.

The last 10 years or so I've developed the attention span of a goldfish so I don't really watch TV or movies anymore since I have a hard time making it through them without getting distracted. If I have a Youtube video or whatever on it's usually mostly as background noise. My media form of choice is mostly music and podcasts, which is partly why I got into using an iPod again (the other part being Fuck Spotify and subscription services in general). Now I can listen to podcasts or music for hours a day without risking getting distracted by my phone every time I go to change song (I've been taking a bunch of steps to be on my phone way less and it has been great. Definitely recommend that).

Oh yeah and I guess in summer I do running and cycling but that's not exciting. Winters where I live super duper suck so I try to get out every day in summer to do some form of exercise both because it's good for my health/mental health and because I don't want to take the nice weather for granted.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 bigsocrates  Online

I don't know if I would call it "fun" but I spend a lot of time exercising. Sometimes an arguably disordered amount of time. Is it fun? Sometimes it is, sometimes it's an obligation, sometimes it verges on torture. Sometimes it starts in one category and moves to the other as I go (and not always in the direction you'd expect.)

Otherwise I like spending time with friends either in person or on the phone, and I go see live music and go to museums, though less since the pandemic (and not at all during the worst of it.)

I'd like to get back to doing some volunteering, though that's not always "fun." More satisfying.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mellotronrules

write and record music! i also futz around with bits of tech.

my goal this year is to practice soldering so i can work on rudimentary circuits and mod my guitars/pedals.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I add more names to the list.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

Lots of music stuff (Chris LT on Youtube). But I also like to exercise, movies and TV, hanging out with friends, reading. Basically the same stuff I've always done.

Loading Video...

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do outdoor activities - hiking, camping, kayaking, just got into bouldering. Beside that it's working on cars, woodworking, and saltwater reef aquarium.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go for walks, go to gigs. I should get back to watching Newcastle games but the days of £24 tickets to watch them play relegation fodder is long gone.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been taking guitar lessons for the past 3.5 years and I'm hoping to get to the point where I can say "Yes, I can play guitar." It's pretty fun when I can do the thing that I couldn't do the day before.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to do some woodworking, although I'm a bit limited on space so it comes in drips and drabs depending on if I have enough extra cash to afford the wood shop membership near me. It's so much fun when I'm in it though. Similarly, I love to draw and paint, and am even trying to challenge myself with a doodle every day this year, which has been....a good challenge, albeit not very fun when the motivation isn't there.

The things I like to do the most though that aren't gaming or gaming related and that I can do any time, is reading, eating, and chatting. I get a lot of enjoyment out of just sitting and chatting about anything with my wife or friends, and I love eating any kind of food while doing it.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Backpacking/Hiking, Bushcraft / wall tent / cabin camping.

Writing stories

Table top games

Reading fantasy/sci-fi novels

Cooking

Fat-biking/Mount Biking

Hydrology

Snowmobiling/ATVing

BeauBelBehemu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BeauBelBehemu

Reading novels to polish my known languages, writing stories of my own, doing art, watching foreign shows, and making cocktails.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Coloring and doing exercises and reading books.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty much just games, or watching game related things on youtube.

Mapunka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mapunka

board games ;)

Jean1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jean1974

Exercising, read, internet, NFL, game shows, church

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Improv comedy. Take some classes, find some like minded folks to form a team, go to festivals to perform. It’s great fun and often attracts supportive, cooperative folks to meet and play with. Been doing it over two years and plan to do it forever.

Cooking too. For home activities, cooking probably takes up the most time after games and movies. I like cooking new recipes and experimenting with variations after I get gud at the standard method.

Exercise, which is combine with games like playing while on a stationary bike. But I’ve been doing a lot of strength work too.after the first month or so it stops being a chore and you start to look forward to it.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watch TV Shows, movies, go for walks and listen to podcasts, manage my aquariums.

I'm never bored and there is always stuff to do and never enough time. :P

vocalkeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to get back to doing some volunteering, though that's not always "fun." More satisfying.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By regularassmilk

I have kiddos and a wife and a (stinky) job which takes up the majority of my time, so I tend to cram a lot of video games into the time that's left. Being said I oscillate between various media interests, almost seasonally--sometimes I'm listening to a lot of music, sometimes I'm watching a lot of movies, but no matter what I am doing, I am always reading a lot and playing games a lot. I play guitar for at least a few minutes every day if not more. Sometimes I get really into bicycling for a summer season but sometimes I skip a whole year by accident. I used to like cleaning and restoring old electronics (video games!!!!!!) when I had a sizable collection of old games and old hardware but I don't have any of that stuff around anymore. I did start writing again a few months ago and haven't given up on my last blog but it's been a little while since my last post. I got some stuff in drafts but it's hard to find the time and I am hard-pressed to give up the little bit of leisure time I do have.

I have some ambitions about making videos and little films and making music but one of my kids is still a lil baby so it's extra occupying. I'm patient though.

dmaul1114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch sports.

Watch some shows and movies, but have cut way down on that as I got older and busier and prioritized gaming and sports.

Read novels and a few comics (mostly Star Wars) in the Marvel Unlimited app.

Outdoorsy stuff like hiking and fishing.

That's enough given the amount of time spent on work, fitness and social obligations.

Adeptus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading books, watching movies, sometimes playing tabletop games. Yes, I am couch potato (I am actually working out a little, but I am definitely not counting it as "fun").

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

#35 billmcneal  Online

Karaoke, watching sports or documentaries or game shows, practice my foreign languages on Duolingo