A Student Drank 2L Of Energy Drink A Day. This Is What Happened To His Heart

Hugo_Lacombe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This video of a cardiologist talking about excessive energy drink consumption and its effects on the heart. Since the crew loves energy drinks I think it might be interesting.

Casse1berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel so much better after eliminating energy drinks and starting to care about my health again. I'm early 30's and got in the habit of drinking a Mt Dew Kickstart every night around 8pm because I wanted to stay up later to catch up on gaming. It always lead to me staying up till 1am while also snacking on garbage food. For about 2 years I was only getting around 5 hours of sleep. Something finally snapped in my head and I realized I needed to change. Started a new diet 1.5 months ago and my weight has gone from 196lbs down to 179lbs.. Now I get at least 7 hours of sleep, sometimes up to 9 hours.

Don't neglect your health for video games.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casse1berry: When you start and commit to healthy habits, it's hard to go back. You feel better, enjoy tastier food, and get legit sleep. Downside is if I want to go to the dark side for a bit, my body pays for it HARD.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@ghost_cat: Agreed. If you avoid sugar for even a month, an apple tastes like one of the sweetest, sugary foods in the world.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I can take a guess at what happens in that video, but anyone want to give a synopsis? In my last semester of college, I got addicted to Amp. I drank 64 ounces a day (not quite 2L). It was a really, really bad decision. I ended up staying up until 2-4 am each night and had class at 7 am, so I needed it in order to get through the day. This continued for about 2 months. I managed to quit it (and caffeine) cold turkey, but I had a headache I would rate about a 9 on a 1-10 pain scale for about 10 days straight.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shindig

I had a friend at school that drank so much coke his stomach rebelled against it.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

I had a friend at school that drank so much coke his stomach rebelled against it.

No wonder, you don't drink coke, you snort it!