This game has been blowing my year away

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Maybe it's because I haven't played a whole lot of mobile games before; a little bit of FE Heroes, Terra Battle, a ton of Hearthstone and a few other things but Arknights has been the first mobile game that has made me want to play it over.... Well anything else at the moment. The gameplay is just so damn fun and the levels are so well designed. It helps that I'm a big fire emblem/Valkyries chronicles/tactical strategy fan and it's hitting that same kind of feeling for me with the squad building, despite being a tower defence hybrid.

I'm about 3 and a half months in now and unlike other mobile games I've played that are flashy at first and then get tired quickly it's just getting more and more fun to play. Any other Arknights fans on GB?

laughingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had a post about tower defense games last month where I talked about arknights. I agree 100% with you. It's one of my favorite mobile games of all time. I've spent far too much time playing it, but I don't regret a minute.

I was finally able to finish chapter 5 of the story, and I'm working my way through the challenge modes right now. It's a really special game and I'm glad to see someone else enjoying it.

C0rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I also love this game. I played without stopping for several weeks. Glad to meet like-minded people

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@laughingman: just looked up your post and you hit the nail on the head with it!

I'm into Chapter 7 now and just being having so much fun with the events as well. As I said, I keep expecting to get burnt out but after almost 4 months I'm finding it more and more fun to play. I can't wait for some of the upcoming events and I'm blown away by the music and UI design. The variety and quality of music is very impressive.

laughingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@el_tajij: I only recently got a team strong enough to participate in the events, and they're awesome. There are so many clever ideas they put into the basic formula. The current event has those flying drones that give you speed buffs when you shoot them down, or allow you to place traps on the field. There's always something new to learn.

I think one of the reasons it's kept me so interested is that every unit is useful. None of them become truly obsolete; even the lowest rarity operators can be part of a clever strategy and higher rarity ones that seem underpowered have niches where they shine. I pulled Click a while ago, and sidelined him because I had a more powerful single-target caster. Then I used him on a stage with a lot of high-defense, high HP enemies that kept leaking through my defense. He gets stronger the longer he attacks a single opponent, and he was exactly what I needed for the situation.

You're spot on about the music, too. It's impressive how much there is, and how well it suits the action.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I checked this game out after it got mentioned on a GB GotY guest list, and it's pretty fun! Still playing it.

The game's aversion to guns is pretty weird, given how everything else about the art style is anime crossed with modern military tactical gear. Like almost all the sniper class units uses bows or crossbows. I do greatly enjoy Jessica just standing there with a Glock, shooting drones out of the sky.

BisonHero#5226 if anyone wants to add me.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By DinosaurCanada

It's a great game and probably one of the best gacha/free to play mobile games ever made. Beautiful art and music, compelling lore and story, memorable characters, tasteful, cool character designs instead of just being horny to appeal to the most amount of people, deep as hell gameplay for a tower defense game and excellent gameplay balancing, and the gacha systems aren't too annoying.

Not to mention that styyyle. It's just a great package. I've been away from it for a few months but I should get back into it.