Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeons & Dragons

Franchise »

The first and most influential role-playing game franchise.

Dungeons & Dragons Endurance run

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slayergnome

Does anyone else think it would be kinda fun to see a giant bomb Dungeons and Dragons (weekly) endurance run?

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gargantuan

Pen and paper or computer game?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

I do, I even think they think some of them think it would be fun. But Im sure Jeff would say "Not a good use of their time" and it wouldnt be. Some one would have to spend their time planing it, they would have to play it, record it. All while nothing is getting done.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PokeIkzai

Yeah I would love to see it happen but Dagbiker is right. They're plenty busy and this would only make life for them even more hectic.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlexanderSheen

No. That's not the type of "fun" GB rolls with.

PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By PaulRevere

I think it would be fun for a max of maybe three episodes then everyone (the guys and the audience) would just get bored.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

It would have been good while they were at Whiskey Media, because they had more people who'd be into that kind of thing. I doubt most of the GB guys would want to do anything like that.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By fox01313

Not sure about D&D, firing that for the GB crew that it'd be better for them to team up with a really good GM for a tabletop storytelling RPG (ie. white wolf vampire the masquerade) where they don't have to be such rules lawyers & go a little crazy with the gameplay as long as the GM can handle it. That or take something like Munchkin or Arkham Horror where it is more of a card/board game then sure.

One good thing about D&D though is that some of the PC games & last time I looked years ago at the MMO were pretty good at following the classes/rules of the game to make it easier to learn or at least find what you'd enjoy then go from there. The persistent Ravenloft server/world set up for Neverwinter was easy to get into after a long break of not playing Neverwinter games.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The general impression I get from people who still stick with P&P stuff is that 4th Edition D&D is kind of a mess and way too video game-y for its own good, and that Pathfinder is largely considered to be the true successor to 3.5, building on a lot of the established rules in some fairly crazy ways.

All of this being said, I cannot see 4 out of the 5 main members of Giant Bomb ever wanting or being capable of sitting down for an extended period of time and playing make-believe with dice rolls. There's way too much disdain for traditional RPG mechanics among the staff for that to ever come to pass, not to mention that that kind of stuff doesn't exactly present well to a viewing public. Then again, they did have "Interns play Farmville" as a feature, and this idea sounds better than that by a mile, so you could still do worse.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WarlordPayne

Forget D&D, I want to see them play Paranoia. I bet that would be hilarious.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By endaround

Pretty sure there was an attempt at a Whiskey D&D group, it was so long ago Ana was in it. Was Rorie the DM?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

That would be really cool, and a once a week 1-2 hour single camera video or livestream wouldn't be too difficult. The endurance run is usually an issue because they film 5 days worth in a row and it kills their time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.