Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

How many more episodes can this last?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So were up to 41 on monday which will tie the number of episodes for the Deadly Premonition ER but they can't possibly have THAT much more to do can they? I'm thinking what... 50 if that?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By Slag

depends on whether they go for multiple endings or not.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

Depends on how long it takes them to figure out the Sun Stone quest, whether or not they get stuck on the "find this person fast" message, and where they choose to fight Lavos (probably the Black Omen stuff but maybe not). Not really sure.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By zero_

51 episodes. Calling it.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NekuCTR

Most of Deadly Premonitions content was in side quests. In the end they saw maybe 25% of the full game. Chrono Trigger on the other hand is obviously a shorter game, but is more concentrated in the main quest line. Plus they're doing shorter play sessions right? I don't know at this point, I'm not watching.

Rongaryen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Rongaryen

The Black Omen is about 4 episodes and Lavos being its own episode so that's at least 5 more. If they try and figure out the sun stone quest and get the weapon they'll never use then I'll call that episode 41. I say they'll have 6 more.

@Slag said:

depends on whether they go for multiple endings or not.

Come on, you know they're not going for multiple endings. That's not how the endurance run works.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By EmuLeader

@NekuCTR said:

Most of Deadly Premonitions content was in side quests. In the end they saw maybe 25% of the full game. Chrono Trigger on the other hand is obviously a shorter game, but is more concentrated in the main quest line. Plus they're doing shorter play sessions right? I don't know at this point, I'm not watching.

Most of the sessions are about 55 mins. I'm pretty sure the Deadly Premonition sessions were scrambled between 30 and 80 mins. I'd say the CT ones are a little longer or about the same if I remember right.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Assuming that they complete the sun stone quest in the next episode, the only major event left would be taking out Lavos. I'm guessing that they'll pick the Black Omen route, but the Black Omen is a beast of a dungeon. If they're anything like I was when I played the game for the first time, they'll spend a lot of time running in, fighting enemies for as long as they can, and then run back out, heal, save, and go back in again, and again, until they're finally able to go deep enough in that they get to the end.

I have absolutely no idea how long that will take them.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It's not really tying Deadly Premonition because they had two, so it's really 79. Once they get to episode 80, we can talk about it tying in number of episodes (yes, it's tied in terms of time since the first one).

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DeF

all 13 endings ...and then they pick up the DS version and try for all 14 endings :D

so ...another year?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Karl_Boss

They will probably go the Black Omen route (if they don't they'll have trouble beating Lavos because there levels are a little low) and I think beating Lavos will take them a couple of tries....so I'm guessing around 8 more episodes, assuming they are going to play for an hour each episode.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By musubi

So they are finally going to take a crack at Lavos tommorow. (or at least if all goes well) Whats the over under on them beating Lavos first try? I'm giving them a 3/10 chance that they actually win the first time.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Jace

@Demoskinos: No, they won't. They'll run through the black omen first.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@Demoskinos said:

So they are finally going to take a crack at Lavos tommorow. (or at least if all goes well) Whats the over under on them beating Lavos first try? I'm giving them a 3/10 chance that they actually win the first time.

They still have a ways to go before they face Lavos. The Black Omen is not a cakewalk, even with the power of Luminaire at their side, and the Black Omen route features boss battles that otherwise wouldn't be fought if they chose to fight Lavos through either of the other routes.

That being said, I'm glad that they're going through the Black Omen. It's a great way to earn plenty of experience, and those extra boss fights are worth it.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SlightConfuse

if they reach lavos they will struggle on his third form, if they make it that far.

The black omen has a bit f a boss rush in it than can be tough if you are not careful.

crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crimsinf

They're listing "Endurance Run: Lavos Live!" in the upcoming features box for Tuesday. The way that some of you guys are talking about the Black Omen, that could be one crazy long live show. Do you think they'll make it all the way through the Black Omen, or will they give up on that for the sake of actually getting to fight Lavos by the end of the broadcast?

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SlightConfuse

@CCforUA: at the end of the black omen you are automatically put up against lavos' first form. once you beat it you get to save. so it could be long

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hailinel

@slightconfuse said:

@CCforUA: at the end of the black omen you are automatically put up against lavos' first form. once you beat it you get to save. so it could be long

This is assuming, of course, that they make it all the way through the Black Omen before the end of tomorrow's live stream.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By musubi

Oh man... they SO ARE. This... this is awesome. Live Endurance Run makes me super happy.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlightConfuse

@Hailinel said:

@slightconfuse said:

This is assuming, of course, that they make it all the way through the Black Omen before the end of tomorrow's live stream.

i have a feeling they will struggle with Zeal's hologram form. that or the attack that reduces hp to 1(which means frog squash!)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By musubi

@slightconfuse said:

@Hailinel said:

@slightconfuse said:

i have a feeling they will struggle with Zeal's hologram form. that or the attack that reduces hp to 1(which means frog squash!)

Thats if they pick up on the fact that they can do that....

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hailinel

@Demoskinos said:

@slightconfuse said:

@Hailinel said:

@slightconfuse said:

Thats if they pick up on the fact that they can do that....

Or if they even have Frog/Brog in their party at that point.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlightConfuse

well there goto team has been frog and bobo i can see them switching out. really am curious to see them fight lavos and their reaction to his later forms

neilhighley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By neilhighley

Bring it on!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.